Monday, June 30, 2008
Yup that's right! Just 2 days until court so I needed to keep myself busy somehow! This is the view out of Hermela's room. It may not look like much, but the before shot would NOT be pretty! I decided to clean up the side of the house and add some flowers so I could actually open the blind without cringing!
I am hoping to pass court on Wednesday with my fellow Hopesters... Nikko, Chris, and Theresa. We are all anxiously awaiting! The court process is a bit unpredictable and many people do not get through the first try. There can be a variety of issues like missing paperwork, new requirements, or given the current status of Ethiopia,,,no electricity! So we are all hoping and praying for the best. With any luck we will be successful and my next post will include a picture of Hermela!!!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of the population adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convincing to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about your adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
8. You have never taken an airplane ride half-way around the world with a child you just met.
9. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
10. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
11. You know what the word "Dossier" means, and you can actually pronounce it!
12. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
13. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
-Author Unknown (Thanks Mendy!)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
This is my precious angel baby, Nevaeh Rose. In my first post I mentioned that Hermela was my third referral, Nevaeh Rose was my first. I accepted her referral on October 3, 2007 and had the opportunity to visit her in Ethiopia on October 8th during an unrelated visit to Africa. At about 12 noon, Nevaeh's caretaker arrived in the lobby of Hilton with a little pink bundle and placed her in my arms. I was able to spend a few precious hours with her.
One in ten children in Ethiopia die before their first birthday. One in six children die before their fifth birthday. For many these are just some more statistics, for those of us forever connected to Ethiopia with our children and experiences, these statistics hit home and are heartbreaking. Unfortunately, Nevaeh fell into these devastating statistics on November 6th. I am so happy I had the opportunity to meet her, she was the sweetest baby and already loved. She made a huge impact on so many people in her short time on this earth. She may have left us in body, but her spirit I will forever carry with me in my heart.
It has been a heartbreaking journey for sure, as my second referral named Edom also passed away in December. It is difficult to understand it all, however, I have no regrets with my decision to adopt and am a better person to have had these two babies in my life. It has taken some time, and my adoption process will never be the same, however, I can say that I am so happy when I look at Hermela's pictures. I look forward to bringing her home and one day telling her about her sisters Nevaeh and Edom.
They will never be forgotten.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Grace,,, let me know when I can remove the tags and wash them!!! lol